Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm really going to be...

A DADDY!

On a Friday in Mid-April I wasn't looking forward to my day. Friday's I sometimes have to go to work twice... once for a meeting in the morning... then back again at night to close up shop. The night before I had also closed... so I was very very tired. To top it all off... with gas hitting $3.50/gallon I had decided that I wouldn't take a trip home that day and just hang out at work for 16+ hours.

Rolling out of bed about 15 minutes before having to leave... I was in the shower. My morning shower usually involves me being in a half-conscious state where my body goes through all the motions of cleaning without giving it a moments thought.

My wife enters the bathroom... we both leave the house at about the same time in the morning. I half realize that she is taking a pregnancy test... and moments later I hear an excited voice say "We're pregnant." All I could mumble was... "Huh?" "Is that accurate... maybe you should take another test tomorrow."

The words I would use to describe my feelings... Pleasantly Shocked

-- Fast Forward to June 3rd --

Lindsay has been through a lot... morning sickness, chronic sleepiness, mild mood swings, and just an overall crappy feeling. I, on the other hand, haven't had much change in my life... Until about 10:30AM on June 3rd.

I didn't expect to see our little one... not thinking Lindsay would be taking an Ultrasound. But I think her mid-wife knew that this would be an exciting moment for us. For me it will be a singular moment that I will never forget.

The technician didn't think it was going to be easy for us to see Baby Holm since Lindsay hadn't drank the gallons of water you need to move things around to make the Ultrasound easier. But the moment the technician started there he/she was. I think the baby even gave us a little wave with his/her arm.

We got a picture of Baby Holm to take with us... but it will be the memory of that moment that will always be foremost in my mind. The feelings of excitement, happiness, and love for both my wife and my future spawn. I couldn't help but smile and get a little giddy. At that moment my life change forever... knowing I was going to be a daddy.

The words I would use to describe my feelings...
Blissfully Happy

No comments: