It's been unbearably hot around here the last 4 or 5 days, with terrible humidity as well. It's a mad dash for most people as they run from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned work or store. For me, the car isn't air conditioned so I have a brutally hot 60 mile ride home in the afternoon.
Last night the meteorologist on one of our local stations was talking about some thunder storms that were happening in northern New Hampshire, Albany NY and in PA, but that all of these storms would miss us and the cooler, drier air would follow behind them.
Boy was he ever wrong! Last night at around 10:30, I awoke to thunder and lightening. And not just your regular, run of the mill lightening. No, this was non-stop lightening that lit up the sky for close to an hour straight and often had the lovely booming thunder not far behind.
It seemed as if the storm was directly over the house and garage. It was so loud and the thunder shook the entire garage more than once. And of course, I was all alone with Belle The Wonder Cat and she was nowhere to be found! I'd never wanted to be under the bed with her so much in my life.
Eric was closing and he'd left his cell phone at home so I couldn't even call to warn him. I thought by the time the storm got really bad, he would have been driving home in it and I was very worried about him.
So, there I sat. All alone, covering my ears and wishing for it to end.
He finally got home after midnight and said there were trees down on some roads. I'd never been so relieved to see him in all of our 5 years together!
This morning there was stuff all over the driveway and there were some trees that had broken and the typical leaves all over the roads and yards after a big storm.
Rumor has it that it'll be cooler and drier today. I hope it stays that way!

No comments:
Post a Comment