As much as I understand what's happening scientifically, I'm still amazed that I'm growing a person. Seriously - there's a person growing in my stomach!! A PERSON!!! It started out as 2 little cells joining and each day, each minute, each second - something new is happening!
Sometimes it's a little freaky, sometimes it's overwhelming, but it's always amazing. Growing fingers, growing hair, creating blood and more.
To top it off, after this person is born - Eric and I are responsible for it. ERIC AND I!!!!
Sometimes we can't even take care of ourselves - how can we take care of another person??
But I know we'll be ok. Even though Eric hasn't been around little kids much before he met Josh and Emma, I know he'll do ok. And I've had more than my fair share of kids between babysitting, camp, J&E and my friend's kids.
I've been trying to get Eric to read to the munchkin since I got home from Chicago, but I think he's sort of self-conscious about it. I seriously can't wait for the day he feels comfortable enough to do it.
He asked if he had to read a kid's book or if it could be Stephen King. I told him SK would be alright as long as it was in a pleasant voice during all the killing and swearing ;-)
According to my weekly update I get emailed, I should be feeling faint movement in the next few weeks. THAT will freak me out even more, but I'm really looking forward to it. All I can think about is the alien coming out from the guy's stomach in ALIENS!
In just about 3 1/2 weeks, we'll be finding out if it's a Jack or a Megan. I've added a poll on the right - tell us what you think Munchkin Holm will be!
WHAT'S BABY HOLM UP TO?
16 Weeks
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an
avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:
Post a Comment