On the baby front - yesterday morning I threw up for the first time - WOO HOO!!! "Why is she excited about throwing up" you might ask. Imagine feeling nauseous every day for 5 weeks, but never throwing up. I just wanted to throw up and get it over with rather than wondering every moment if I was going to be sick.
I was on my way to work and had to stop about a mile from home for the big event. Bill (my dad) happened to be driving by on his way to work and stopped to see if everything was ok. When I told him I was puking, he laughed, but he hung around till I was ready to go (which wasn't too long). Another great milestone to put in the Daddy-Daughter memory banks - LOL
Today marks 9 weeks of Munchkin Holm. It also marks 3 years that Eric and I have been married. He's working tonight, so we celebrated last night with dinner at home and some swapping of gifts. I can't believe it's been 3 years already. It seems like it was just yesterday, but at the same time, it feels like we've been together forever (in a good way).
A lot has happened since we walked down the aisle. We've moved, lost loved ones, changed jobs and of course gotten pregnant ("knocked up" as my bro Tommy likes to say). I think I can speak for both of us when I say we're ready for the next 3 years (and beyond) and are looking forward to the exciting changes we've got going on!
What's Baby Holm Up To?
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.
(sorry if my alien baby is scaring you!)

No comments:
Post a Comment