Ugh - Today is 6 weeks and I feel terrible! My feet are terribly swollen (partially due to lack of water this week) and at any moment I could put my head down and sleep for hours and hours. What will I be like at 6 or 7 months if this is what I'm like now?!?! But people keep telling me it will get better once I near the 2nd trimester - they better be right!
I've been reading a couple of different books to help me understand what's going on with me. So much to read and learn - I never feel like I have enough time in the day! Between my full time job, Pampered Chef, keeping up with the house and my super long commute, I just want to go to bed when I get home.
I'm having a pretty tough week emotionally. I'm feeling somewhat depressed honestly. I'm not sure if it's just normal pregnancy hormones, a normal bout of depression setting in (happens to me from time to time) or what the deal is, but I feel terrible. S;leeping for 5 days straight is sounding really appealing to me about now.
Eric and I are going to Mom and Bob's house on the farm for a long Memoprial Day weekend to celebrate our 3rd anniversary - I just need to keep telling myself "Just a couple more days. Just a couple more days."
I actually have a pretty busy summer as far as my summers go:
- We're going to NY for a couple days this month.
- At the end of June, I'm going to see Billy Joel at Mohegan Sun with my friend Gretchen and we're staying over.
- Less than a week later, I'm going to see James Taylor at Tanglewood
- For 4 days in July, I'm going to Chicago for the Pampered Chef National Conference
- The first week in September, Eric and I are going on a cruise to Canada
- At the end of September I'm going to see New Kids on the Block (yes - you read that right!) with some friends at the Garden in Boston and we're also staying over and taking in the sights the next day
I honestly can't remember the last time I had a summer this busy!!
What's Baby Holm up to this week?
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

No comments:
Post a Comment